I can’t even begin to explain how friggin much I love this bananabread. I make it for family and friends, AND it is also super healthy and filling. Are you curious already? Then lets get into it.
(the ingredients will be measured by grams not by cups, simply because I have no idea how to measure by cups.)
Ingredients (for one bread)
- 100g flour with baking powder included
- 60g dry oatmealflakes
- 3 eggs
- 3 bananas (the riper the better!)
- Dash of salt
Warm the oven on 180 degrees celcius. Start with mashing the bananas in a bowl. Make sure they are wellmashed but leave some lumps in for extra texture. Put in the eggs and stir them with a fork or rubber spatula through the bananas. Add the flour and the oatmeal and stri until fully emerged. Then you add the cinnamon, nutmeg, honey and salt. This is completely up to you and your taste. Last, add the walnuts. Make sure to add a lot, because it really makes the bread nutty and crunchy. You can also add other nuts but I found that walnut soothed my taste the best. Now, pour the whole mixture into a baking tin and leave it in the oven for about 45 minutes. Make sure to check on it once in a while to make sure the top doesn’t burn. After 45 minutes, stick a toothpick into the bread, if it comes out clean, the bread is ready. Don’t forget to let it cool off for about 10 minutes!
- save a few peaces of banana and a few walnuts to put on top of the cake for decoration.
- let the bananas really really ripe before using them for this recipe. the bananas mainly make the bread sweet.
- this bread goes really really well with some peanutbutter and a hazelnut latte.
- there is no such thing as too much cinnamon.
- this is a super cute gift with a nice card on the side. it really shows you put some effort into it.
If you decide to make this bread, make sure to post it and tag me, I love seeing your creations! Instagram: @nickyknols.
I wish you all the stars,